Tax Practice Ethics for Today's Accountant
Speakers: Chris Harper CPA & Steven C Dilley, CPA, JD, PhD
( 4 hrs. CPE)
Download Course Materials
This class will provide an update on current ethical issues impacting your practice, exploring practical consideration gleaned from the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and addressing unique challenges facing practitioners with actual practice situations.
Program Level: Basic
Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics
Advanced Preparation: None
Who should attend:
CPAs in public practice seeking an update on the latest regulatory ethics rules and guidelines to integrate into their practice.
Part I: Practical Insights Gleaned from the AICPA Code of Conduct (with Chris Harper)
- Evolution of relevant professional guidance
- Independence provisions
- Vernacular used in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Conflicts of interest
- Offering/accepting gifts or entertainment
- Acts discreditable to the profession
Part II: CPA Ethics in a Crisis World: Tales from the Front (with Steve Dilley)
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to...
- Implement practical strategies based on recent developments
- Identify and recall key compliance issues
- Identify and recall significant changes in tax forms
Seminar materials will be available for download from the HAPA website. The password will be emailed to attendees.
Mail in Registration Deadline:
10 days prior to the seminar date. Registrations received later will be on a space available basis.
A cancellation after the early registration cut off date will be assessed a $50 administrative fee. No refunds for cancellation within (3) days prior to the seminar date. No exceptions.