Upcoming seminar dates:
Maui - September 20 and 21 (live seminar)
Big Island - September 29 and 30 (live seminar)
Oahu - October 3 and 4 (Hybrid seminar and webinar)
More information will be provided when registration starts. Locations are TBD
Recommended CPE Credits/Hours: 16
This course provides an update and review of all relevant authoritative pronouncements that a CPA must have an understanding of in order to properly prepare and report on the historical financial statements of small and medium sized businesses. This course also provides practical guidance to help accountants avoid common reporting and financial statement preparation mistakes.
• Amendments to the U.S. Accounting Standards Codification issued during the 18-month period prior to the program including implementation Guidance for the new lease account standard
• Update and review of the tax and cash special purpose frameworks
• Update and review of the AICPA Financial Reporting Framework for SMEs
• Analysis of the AICPA Auditing standards issued during the 18-month period prior to the program, including the new audit reports requirements
• Analysis of the Preparation, Compilation, and Review Standards as amended by SSARS 25 with detailed SSARS 25 implementation guidance.
• Update on common errors and deficiencies as identified in peer reviews and in litigation
This course is designed for accountants who have the responsibility for the preparation of the financial statements of small- and medium sized entities and practitioners who must report on the financial statements of those entities.
Update / intermediate
Instruction Delivery Methods:
Lecture and discussion of participants questions
Course Author, Instructor:
Walter J. Haig II, CPA